b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] bi adoni

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: trepp AT telus.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] bi adoni
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:49:44 -0700

Isaac, according to your method of interpretting each syllable, bi adoni
could
mean any number of things. Especially since you make out ba) and )ab to be
reversed cognates.

Based on that, lebab and babel should bear fraternal sentiments.

While it is interesting, and even amusing to read such novel (if not absurd)
lexical games, I have by now seen so much of it without comment that I
recognize your style of philology even before seeing your name, and am
seriously wondering why so many such things are said without any spark of
discussion. I must have counted a very long list of such fresh ideas before I
even noticed a single person say they noticed you posted differently.

There may be something to what seems madness here, but I had to point out
that
while I like the odds and ends, it disappoints me that it isn't either
challenged or at least reasoned with. I see people arguing blue over things
that make for ludicrous debates in the first place, but either such
experimentation is out of place here, or oddly unengaging.

Regardless, keep posting Isaac. I'm still trying to figure out what you are
doing, and if anyone pays attention here. At least you are always cordial.

Travis Jackson