b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Job 6:16, was definite article in Isaiah 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Job 6:16, was definite article in Isaiah 7:14
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:34:09 +0100

On 21/06/2007 03:13, K Randolph wrote:
Like all other translations I have seen, I do not see this one as a source
of scholarly information on the Hebrew Bible, its social climate nor
language.

The NET Bible notes are in fact a mine of useful short studies of difficulties in the Bible, from contemporary conservative Christian scholars, available freely online. Thoroughly to be recommended, but at places one needs to be aware of their theological presuppositions. Also, as I understand it, they follow the scholarly mainstream in their interpretation of biblical languages, unlike some people who are very vocal on this list in promoting their personal views as if they were fact.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org