b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Infinitive Absolute (Verbal Noun)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Isaac Fried" <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Infinitive Absolute (Verbal Noun)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 00:29:12 -0700

Dear Isaac,

First, note the change in subject line.

Second, the Hebrew is quite clear, but it is the way the English
translations (probably should go to the Bible Translation site) vary
translating the Infinitive Absolute (Verbal Noun). The verses you quote
clearly show that. But I wonder if there is really any way that the
INTENSITY that the Infinitive Absolute brings could really be brought out in
the Target Language (English in this instance) without resorting to
redundancy or over translating?

Hey List, any thoughts?

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III