b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] dying you will die

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] dying you will die
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:59:51 -0400

Because that is what the ORAL TORAH that G-d taught to Moshe, says, and much more. Adam's soul contained all the souls of all people. Not only that, but after this event, he fasted and repented for three days, his repentence was accepted, and he was taught by the angel, Raziel (raz = secret).

ie; his spiritual stature was awesome.

But the literal text will not tell you that, nor was it meant to teach that.

Shabbat Shalom, Chag Sameach

Shoshanna

Shoshana,

I mean the ENGLISH word 'surely' added by the translators is redundant. It is not clear to me what makes you think that Adam was created immortal. Immune even to accidents?

Isaac Fried, Boston University