b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Question for Rolf on the JW outlook on the Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Question for Rolf on the JW outlook on the Hebrew
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:20:14 +1100

I wrote:

Rolf, I have not attempted to brush them aside. Regarding qatal, I have sought to give an indication how a tense-prominent position is not incompatible with non-past uses. Time and again, I have sought to interact with your ideas, whereas I see exceedingly little from you. You brush my arguments aside by saying I have brushed things aside! Yet you are doing this repeatedly yourself! Again, you have failed to interact with what I have said. Further, I sought to question your methodology in that I have doubts, as Peter raised also, as to whether it is able to

[snip]

Seems like I ran out of steam - and indeed I am! I'm think I'm nearly about to give up on this thread.

However, here's the rest of the last sentence:

"... decide between linguistic convention and semantics if the two are separate as you claim."

Regards,
David Kummerow,