b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 04:34:20 +0000

I am not a scholar, and I have not understood anything in the argument about Rolf's dissertation or whatever the discussion has been about. I am just curious about how scholars debate normally. Is the debate that you've been doing on B-Hebrew the normal way that scholars discuss controversial subjects or is this somehow different? Also, when someone has a controversial opinion like Rolf, don't scholars analyze the ideas right away because it sounds like his ideas have been around for a while and no one has analyzed them. Maybe I did not understand the discussion, but it sounds like this to me.

Kenneth Greifer
USA

Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you need it. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag2&FORM=MGAC01