b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Verbal Aspect (was Tenses - Deut 6:4)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf Furuli" <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Verbal Aspect (was Tenses - Deut 6:4)
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 23:11:57 -0000

Dear Peter,

Every Thursday and Friday I am fully occupied at the University. After finishing my schedule I rceived your post, and I have to give a comment:
You are wrong, and Karl is right. The WEYIQTOL and the WAYYIQTOL cannot be distinguished in unpointed texts, since both can be apocopated. If you do not accept this, please give one single example of where they are distinct.

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Kirk" <peter AT qaya.org>