b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "'Isaac Fried'" <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7:14
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:39:09 -0500

Dear Isaac,
I agree with you. There's no consensus yet. The speaker is informing the
audience that the woman is pregnant, the boy is good, etc.
Liz Fried
I'm only married into the Fried family, so I'm not going to say anything
about whether they're always right or not. Now the Soss family, that's a
different matter.......