b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Son of man vs. Enosh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Son of man vs. Enosh
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:55:34 -0600

Dear David,
Sir, I didn't know the Greek translations of the Hebrew had settled the matter and that I should make no further inquiry? Thank you for telling me. I don't even understand how I ever became curious as to what was being rendered in the Hebrew in the first place. Also, excuse me as I did not know that asking questions was tantamount to 'trying to give a verse a slant' one way or the other. in light of my offense, I would ask anyone not wishing to assist me in an improved understanding of the verse in question (merely one part of a larger quest relative to the son of man framework) through this discursive exercise, feel free not to reply. I do not wish to bother any such person.

No, I owe you an apology. I didn't know about Stone Chumash translation, which would raise the kind of questions you raised. Your pointing out the Greek was helpful too.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard