b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Capernaum

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Capernaum
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:12:22 +0000

On 30/11/2006 15:59, K Randolph wrote:
This is something strange. Both URLs to the article, both yours and
Yitzhak's, dumped me onto the same page that simply asked for my
academic ID and password, giving me no other options. Not even the
option of purchase.

Perhaps there is a cookie or something on your machine which makes the site think you have an ID and password. Did you have one temporarily? Did you apply for one? You could try deleting your cookies, at least for this site, and see what happens.

I have noticed that about a third to half the articles referenced on
this list pass me onto that same page, this is the first time I said
anything about it. It is effective censorship, restricting who has
access to scholarship.

I agree, but bear in mind that someone has to pay the costs.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org