b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:57:05 -0700

Steve:

You need to be more careful in your translating. What you list below
is not the same list as in Daniel 9:24. In an earlier message I gave a
translation that is closer to the Hebrew, much closer. Further, you
have limited the readings of some of the purposes to other than what
is allowed by the Hebrew.

Karl W. Randolph.

Did Christ fulfill all 6 purposes in His 1st coming?
I do not think so, because the 70 weeks are concerning Daniel's people and
Daniel's holy city.
1. to finish the transgression - yes
2. to make an end of sins - I think not yet for Daniel's people
3. to make reconciliation for iniquity - I think not yet for Daniel's people
4. to bring in everlasting righteousness - I think not yet for Daniel's
people
5. to seal up the vision and prophecy - no. This will happen in Zech. 13:2-5
6. to anoint the holy of holies - no. Since it is concerning Daniel's holy
city, this must be the physical holy of holies in Jerusalem.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info