b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YaLaD - he begot, has begotton

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YaLaD - he begot, has begotton
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 11:52:40 +0500

On 06/10/2006 21:51, K Randolph wrote:
Peter:

I expect that the meaning of the term should answer for the unusual
form. The basic meaning of YLD is "to bring forth, out: not only to
bear, give birth, but also to bring forth one's history, present
oneself to an authority, to produce" as I list it. Giving birth is
only the most common usage of the term.

Are there other examples of YLD qal with a non-female subject? I don't have the books to hand to check this just at the moment.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org