b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mashiach

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mashiach
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:02:39 -0700

Yonah:

I don't see how you get that. For example, Isaiah 52:7–12 is about the
return of Israel. Then in Isaiah 52:13 through 53:12 the subject
changes to God's slave עבד. Another clue to the difference is that in
Isaiah 52, Israel is addressed in the second person plural, then the
slave in third person masculine singular, both occurring in Isaiah
52:14, contrasting the slave as different from the people. Again, in
Isaiah 53:8 the contrast is made between the slave and "my people".

Karl W. Randolph.