b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Shoshanna Walker" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 00:26:38 -0700

Dear Shoshanna,

I am sure that what you have said regarding Daniel not receiving visions
directly from God would be incorrect since it clearly says in Daniel
2:19-23,

19 - "Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then
Daniel blessed the God of heaven. Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the
name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: and he changeth
the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he
giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
he revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness,
and light dwelleth with him. I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my
fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now
what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's
matter."

Thus, Daniel himself says that he received the vision from God. The other
visions that Daniel received had the interpretation given by an angel to
God.

Now, do I accept what Scripture says or do I follow what the rabbi's have
said? Obviously, the Sanhedrin was not in operation in Babylon.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III