b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 2:4

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk>
  • To: peter AT qaya.org
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 2:4
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:17:31 +0100

JCR: Thanks Peter. I realised I had made a booboo just
after posting. Shem would have been able to witness
the events and therefore Karl's theory of authorship
would hold water in this case.

However, let's take a look at Genesis 25 verses 12 and
19

In verse 12 we have the signature

ואלה תלדת ישמעאל

In verse 19 we have the signature

ואלה תולדת יצחק

After the signature in verse 12 we have a description
of Ishmael's descendents.
After the signature in verse 19 we have a description
of Isaac's descendents.

This is far too great a coincidence to ignore and would
seem to put Karl's theory of end signatures in serious
question.

James C. Read
UK