b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] One scholar's' opinion

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joel Stucki" <joel AT stucki.ws>
  • To: "Shoshanna Walker" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] One scholar's' opinion
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 14:00:19 -0700

On 7/4/06, Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net> wrote:
It's our tradition, I don't have the sources.

They were created, had the children, and sinned and got expelled -
all in one day.

Shoshanna

Gosh and I thought I had a packed schedule :)

> Actually, she was a mother in Gan Eden before the expulsion

It important to note that she is the mother of _all_ living. This is
not just humans but part of her calling. Just as Adam gets to till the
earth and take care of things, Eve gets to mother everything. These
are archetypal symbols.

Do you have any evidence for this confident assertion? Or does the
subject line apply?

There are tons of rabinnic traditions about this story. This is one of
many. A lot of them are pretty cool. I would recommend Legends of the
Jews by Louis Ginzberg as a good starting point if this interests you.

If so, who was babysitting when Adam and Eve were chatting to the snake?

The ducks of course. Gosh, do we have to spell everything out?

Joel Stucki