b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] One scholar's' opinion

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: <Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] One scholar's' opinion
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 01:17:01 -0500

I don't know how that can be, I am not sufficiently versed in Talmud and Midrash, but they derive everything from the text, I quoted the note from my English Rashi, to tell how he derived some of this, no one has commented on it.

My father's family arrived from Poland (Czestachowa) to the US on Thaniksgiving Day, 1920, their name, Volkovitch (or something like that) was changed AGAINST THEIR WILL by immigration to something 'easier' - Walker

I was born an Orthodox Jew, as were ALL my ancestors, on both my mother's and father's sides......

So now you know

Shoshanna

Shoshanna,
How could that be? Adam & Eve were created on the 6th day. They all enjoyed
the Sabbath rest on the 7th day. God apparently was very happy on the 7th
day because He rested.

Do all Jews who accept the infallibility of the Oral Law think that Eve gave
birth to 5 children, all on the 6th day?

Also, on a side note. I hope you don't mind me asking, "Walker" is not a
Jewish name, correct? Were you born an orthodox Jew, or did you convert?

Thanks,
-Steve Miller
Detroit