b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] One scholar's' opinion

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk>
  • To: joel AT stucki.ws
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] One scholar's' opinion
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 02:42:22 +0100

Please also compare proverbs 8:22-24

22

The LORD created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of
old.
23

Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
24

When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs
abounding with water. (RSV)

Note the reference to being created before the earth
when there were no springs abounding with water.

No doubt you will come back with some kind of assumption
that proverbs was a late hellenistic addition but don't
you think it's a sad day when we have to support our
conspiracy theories on the assumption that other
conspiracy theories are true?

James C. Read
UK