b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] oral law

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] oral law
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:32:45 -0500

I'm sure all of us remember that the Moderator said for all discussion on this topic was to end on this forum - Friday being the last day for it to exist. - It is now Sunday and it still continues on the forum?!?

Obviously some people on this forum wish to continue the discussion, so as the Moderator stated: do it off the forum.

So to actually end this, everyone interested in continuing this topic just reply to this post with the simple message "PLEASE INCLUDE ME".

I'll plan on waiting a few days and then collect all the address and send out the initial email which will have all of those requesting to be included in the topic in the CC. So this way we can continue the discussion and respect the decision of the Moderator.

So please no more discussion on this topic until the initial email is sent out - then we can resume where we all left off.

B"H
John Steven

Karl Randolph wrote:

Shoshanna:

Deuteronomy 12:21 is a good example of what I meant about cross references.

Starting with Noah in Genesis 9:2-4, God gave instructions on how to kill and eat animals. Therefore, Deuteronomy 12:21 merely refers back to what has been already commanded without repeating all of them. Oral law is not necessary because of the previous body of law.

Karl W. Randolph.