b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] oral Torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] oral Torah
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:31:31 -0400

I've heard a few talks at SBL in which it was argued that in all the
debates shown between Jesus and others, Jesus took the Sadducean position
most of the time. However, though I can see I'm on the wrong list here, I
think this was purposeful to separate the Christians from the Sadducees who
fomented the revolt against Rome.
But, this thread has come to an end.
Best,
Liz