b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 12:2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Awohili AT aol.com
  • To: g_gardner1234 AT yahoo.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 12:2
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:51:28 EST

When translators who believe God is eternal, as the NWT translators did,
translate a verse to say what could be interpreted as otherwise, I fail to
see
any evidence of bias, theological or otherwise.

Maybe, despite their theology, the translators decided to use the best terms
in English that they knew of to translate the meaning of the Hebrew word.

Just maybe, it was a desire to bring out the flavor of the Hebrew rather
than lean on a bias.

I often wonder why this list is asked questions about the NWT translators,
since, as far as I know, none of the NWT translators inhabit this list to
give
a response.

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 02/04/2006 6:31:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,