b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Deuteronomy 20:19 )DM

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Deuteronomy 20:19 )DM
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:45:37 +0000

@Ben & Karl:

I would argue that occasionally KIY does function to introduce an
interrogative clause. Another example besides this one that I can find is 2
Kings 18:34

KIY-HICIYLW 'ET &M:RON MIYYADIY = have they delivered Samaria from my hand?

I think the same principle applies here in this passage here in Duet 20:19
the KIY introduces the interrogative.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net