b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Joseph: Israel - Hyksos - Egypt

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Joseph: Israel - Hyksos - Egypt
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:45:23 +0200

Not only Exodus. The entire Bible, in all its versions (not just the MT), is primarily a book about God's relationship with Israel. Some parts of it use "historiography" as a tool to get that message across. Others use poetry. Others use wisdom. Whatever the authors thought was irrelevant to their objective - they left out. Their objective was NOT to teach us what WE think of as history. We should always keep that in mind.

Yigal

----- Original Message ----- From: <tladatsi AT charter.net>