b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Joseph: Israel - Hyksos - Egypt

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: tladatsi AT charter.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Joseph: Israel - Hyksos - Egypt
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:19:58 +0000

On 17/11/2005 03:57, tladatsi AT charter.net wrote:

Whoever wrote Exodus and whenever it was written, it was written with future generations in mind. It was written for you and I. It was writen with a concern for our knowledge of God, not Egyptian history.

This is an interesting point of view. I accept that it is true of the legal part of the book; and I agree that Egyptian history was not a concern, although Israelite history was. But do you have any evidence that the historical part was written with future generations in mind? Well, in some sense any book is written for the future - but that includes historical works.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)