b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Initial "Beged Kefet" consonants always have a...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Vadim Cherny <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Initial "Beged Kefet" consonants always have a...
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:58:13 +0100

On 18/10/2005 18:50, Vadim Cherny wrote:

I suggest only one possible inaccuracy, in the transliteration of Keturah.

What's wrong with that? Kof aspirated in non-accented syllable. ...

My point is simply that this is the one exception to an otherwise simple rule, that qof is transliterated as kappa, and kaf as chi.

No, they were working also from what they heard read in synagogues.

chanted, not read?

Indeed.

--
Peter Kirk