b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Initial "Beged Kefet" consonants always have a...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: "Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <joel AT exc.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Initial "Beged Kefet" consonants always have a...
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:13:36 +0100

On 19/10/2005 13:31, Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

Those interersted in the LXX might be interested in Sturtevant's _The
Pronunciation of Greek and Latin_, which I've added to my reading
list:

http://www.exc.com/JoelHoffman/ReadingList.html

It reviews the evidence about the pronunciation of Greek (and Latin),
though without the benefit of modern linguistics.

Those interested in the LXX might be better served by reading a book which is not nearly 40 years old and which does have the benefit of modern linguistics, and of much evidence e.g. in papyri which has been uncovered relatively recently.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)