b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Raamses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: banyai AT t-online.de
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Raamses
  • Date: 20 Sep 2005 18:17 GMT

James Read wrote:
May I suggest that it would be far more profitable if we were to centre our
discussion on the data
rather than whose scholar is best. I think most people on this list are not
impressed much by names
or bibliography. I have given my reasons for the dates but no primary sources
which contradict have
yet been stated. I can only interpret this as a global recognition that there
is no contradictory
evidence. Although I eagerly wait to see if there are any (primary) sources
that do. Considering the scarcity of primary sources at all it is
questionable whether this could/would be the single solution to them. In fact
fitting such a minimal set of primary sources is almost trivial. The more
data brings the clearer choices. This is almost everyday experience. Read
just the employment page of your journal and check how many people do fit a
very demanding job description against one mentioning just gender and age.
Best, Banyai Michael