b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Raamses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Heard, Christopher" <Christopher.Heard AT pepperdine.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Raamses
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:20:40 -0700

On Sep 19, 2005, at 12:50 AM, Read, James C wrote:
Anyway, I didn't Raamses in the 10th century and your misunderstanding
on this is based on a (bad) interpretation of what I wrote. I was saying
that both a date of tenth century for the exodus and the concurrent pharoah
being RaamsesII were demonstrably false. That you tie the two together
is your own perogative but not what I intended you to understand.
[end quote]

James, who in the world dates the exodus to the 10th century (other than perhaps a few ... er ... I think the polite word would be "idiosyncratic" web sites)? The scholarly literature is full of 15th- century advocates and 13th-century advocates, but not 10th.

Chris

--
R. Christopher Heard
Assistant Professor of Religion