b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] cognate languages - limitations

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: kwrandolph AT email.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] cognate languages - limitations
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:57:10 -0400

______________

James,

I can see that this would be somewhat irritating, but I still fail to see
that you needed to avoid his class in order to maintain your integrity.
Apparently he was requiring that you show that you understood his
position. This can be done without compromising your integrity. How
does indicating that you understood his position compromise you in any
way. I hardly think that you were expected to get up and lead a cheer
for his opinions -- only to understand them and be able to reproduce
them. He may not have been your favorite instructor (and I can most
probably assure you that he wouldn't have been mine), but that is another
matter.

george
gfsomsel