b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Cognate languages - limitations

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Cognate languages - limitations
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:50:03 +0100

On 06/09/2005 12:09, Read, James C wrote:

JCR: I don't know how I ended up on your judgement seat but allow me to
defend myself. ...

Thank you, James, for this interesting anecdote. Well, it seems that your problem was that you studied in a divinity or theology school. In that case it is hardly surprising that you were expected to study some theology. This should of course have been made clear to you in the original course prospectus. If it was not, I think you have grounds for complaint - in fact this would probably be a breach of the UK Trade Descriptions Act or something similar.

As a final note, George, I should be careful about throwing accusations of lying around. Some people might find them offensive on a personal level. And I am sure that Peter hasn't appreciated your comments either. At least Peter is capable of formulating a good argument based on proofs rather than resorting to name calling.

Thank you, James. I have learned to ignore George's side swipes at me. He is quite capable of joining me in a lengthy debate when he chooses to. And his accusation of "baloney" is now withdrawn because you have met his condition "Unless James Read can supply something other than nebulous claims that this has occurred in his case".

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)