b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Cognate languages - limitations

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Cognate languages - limitations
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:35:20 +0100

On 06/09/2005 14:11, George F Somsel wrote:

... While we have
frequently been in disagreement, I trust that in many respects we are
united. My remarks regarding your persistence in argument were not
particularly meant as a swipe at you but were simply an acknowledgement
of the fact that you are like a dog with a bone who will not let go.

Yes, George, you are right. I didn't mean to suggest that you had said anything unreasonable about me, just that I had chosen to ignore it.

But I don't intend to be like that on this point, and I hope you don't. While I too would be interested to hear a bit more of James' story, he may not want to tell it, and it may go well beyond the bounds of this list. I'm sure we can all understand that he was under pressure to take courses which he didn't want to take and so decided not to complete his MA. That was a decision which he has the right to take. So let's leave it there unless James chooses to say more.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)