b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] tenses - Ex 3:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Stoney Breyer" <stoneyb AT touchwood.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] tenses - Ex 3:14
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:41:40 +0100

7. +-+ events/actions/states in the deictic past and the deictic future
but not in the deictic present (I find this one very hard to imagine,
but I put it in for logical completeness)

JCR:

eg I go swimming every morning. Now is afternoon and so I am not swimming.
This morning I swam and tomorrow I will swim again. Action refers to past
and future but not present.

4. -+- events/actions/states entirely in the deictic present

JCR:

Now this one is completely impossible. Think about it!

Security System.