b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is.45:7 God created evil?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Heard, Christopher" <Christopher.Heard AT pepperdine.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is.45:7 God created evil?
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:14:15 -0700

Karl,

So are you suggesting that in a construction with SWT ... L)MR + imperative ..., the speaker who is the subject of the verb SWT doesn't really want the addressee to do what is specified in the imperative mood? I have a hard time seeing that, but I've hardly done an exhaustive study of SWT in other passages.

Chris