b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The Tetragrammaton; aia; is there a name in Ex3:14?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The Tetragrammaton; aia; is there a name in Ex3:14?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:20:51 -0400

Sorry, Jim

Most on this list reject Jewish understandings and teachings of the Torah, including Oral Torah, Commentaries, Zohar, etc., which also drew on grammar and linguistics and the position of letters in words for their teachings, so we're even.

And they all agree that Ehyeh is "I will be"

Shoshanna

I'm only speaking for myself- but when I see such dismissive statements as "you 'experts'" I have a tendency, in my mind, to believe that the poser of any attendent "question" 1- will not accept any answer as their preconceptions are entrenched; and 2- believes that anyone with "expertise" in a field is no better informed than the uninformed reader of various and sundry crackpot websites. Thus, all that said, any answer offered will not be accepted and so I leave it to more patient others to offer what will inevitably be rejected anyway.

Shoshanna Walker wrote:

I know I will be sorry for this - but how do you "experts" rationalize that "Ehyeh" is "I am" and not "I will be"?

Shoshanna

--
D. Jim West