b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] yhwh pronunciation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Vadim Cherny" <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] yhwh pronunciation
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:24:43 +0300

I marvel at all this discussion. It is perfectly established that at the
times of Diodorus and Clement the Tetragrammaton was pronounced Iao.
Masoretes wrote more or less the same - if you don't insist on waw as
consonant. Why say, we don't know the vowels? We know them; some just don't
like what we know.

Vadim Cherny