b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Is 9:6 Mem clausum?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jerry Shepherd" <jerry.shepherd AT taylor-edu.ca>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Is 9:6 Mem clausum?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:52:31 -0700

Chris and others,

In addition to what Kelton Graham noted, Mention should also be made
here of Hans Wildberger's argument (Isaiah 1-12, pp. 385, 387, 405),
following Albrecht Alt, that the dittography also masks the fact that
there is an additional fifth throne name at the beginning of v. 6 (EVV
7), on the order of "Great in his Kingdom" or "Great in His Rule." I
find the suggestion attractive.

Jerry Shepherd

Dr. Jerry E. Shepherd
Associate Professor of Old Testament