b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Chron 29:30 question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Chron 29:30 question
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:07:53 +0200

I assume the reference is to 26:30. A few verses later, it says Lelohim ....
Lamelek. In both, the reference is to David's posting the Levites throughout
Israel, to deal with matters "of God and of the King" - that is, civil and
cultic. They are used as "judges and officers" There was no separation of
church and state in the ancient world. It says nothing of David "recieving
worship" of any kind.

Yigal