b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] David or Elhanan?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: formoria AT carolina.rr.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] David or Elhanan?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:09:43 EST

In a message dated 1/27/2005 2:37:13 PM Central Standard Time,
formoria AT carolina.rr.com writes:

Brian,
I thought you said there were two Goliaths, one Philistine and one Gath. The
way I read is they are one in the same person. I searched 1 Samuel and could
not find another anywhere. I guess I am confused, so what's new I'm alway
confused.

Doug

> Doug,
>
> If you're agreeing with me, I'm not sure where I'm being confused. :)
>
> Brian
>

> On Thursday, January 27, 2005, at 03:30 PM, Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Karl,
> > I think the wording has confused Brian. Goliath the Philistine and
> > Goliath
> > of Gath are one of the same people. The battle was between Goliath of
> > Gath the
> > Philistine champion and David the Hebrew: -- Romanized, 1 Samuel 17:4
> > "wayeetsee' 'iysh-habeenayim mimaxanowt plishtiym gaalyaat shmow migat
> > gaabhow
> > sheesh 'amowt waazaaret."

Doug Pickrel
Tejas Valley