b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Usage of Various Bible Translations

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Usage of Various Bible Translations
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:41:39 -0500

Chuck:

It is worse, people just simply don't read. Even some people who want to go
into the ministry haven't read the Bible, not even once in English. How can
they teach the ignorant, when they themselves are ignorant?

I spent four years reading Tanakh the first time, are they ready to do even a
fraction of that? How many continue their studies after getting out of
school? I'm appalled.

Some have read these quick theology in 40 days books and think they are
learned.

Scholars are not the Wunderkinder who dazzle us with their brilliance in
youth. They are those who have slogged the hours and are just coming into
their own in their 50s.

How can we discuss b-Hebrew, when our only reference is what others say?

Karl W. Randolph.