b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 "bruise"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 "bruise"
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 03:04:37 -0500

Peter:

I found out what was the problem as I tried to download your file -- my
browser read the period at the end of the URL as part of the URL. That's a
common problem, others have complained about that problem when I tried to
give links to files, so now I am careful to leave a space after the end of
the URL before I add a period.

After reading your article, I basically agree with it. If you want the most
accurate understanding of the text, learn the languages. Other than that,
translations are most useful when written for people not as well educated.

Karl W. Randolph.