b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "'Peter Kirk'" <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:08:08 -0500

Always!

Hi Peter,
I think he was reacting against GJohn 1:1 and giving priority to
the torah as written word rather than as in GJohn 1:1 which (I think)
gives priority to the spoken word.
But I really have no idea. And if Derrida hadn't been Jewish, I wouldn't
have thought of this at all.
I don't remember the context in which I read this either.
Best,
Liz
lizfried AT umich.edu