b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Karnaim

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Karnaim
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:19:47 +0200

I assume that "qeren" "horn" became "ray", because of the sun's "rays"
seeming to extend like "horns" of light. As far as what happened to Moses in
Ex 34:29-30, 35, I'm not convinced that what it really means is that his
face "shone". I know that that is the common interpretation (remember the
movie?), but literally, "the skin of his face became horned" - perhaps some
skin condition?

Yigal