b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Karnaim

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Karnaim
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:12:14 +0000

On 10/11/2004 21:18, Karl Randolph wrote:

Peter:

My concordance lists only once where QRN is used as a noun for rays, Habakkuk
3:4, and there the plural is QRNYM.

Karl W. Randolph.

But is it plural or dual? Two hands, so two rays? The form is unambiguously dual, but the meaning does not necessarily follow.

But my question was in fact more about post-biblical Hebrew, where the sense "ray" is common.