b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Thera quote

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "Michael Banyai" <Banyai AT t-online.de>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Thera quote
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:28:32 -0500

I am familiar with the quote.

The geographic distribution of the ash is a given. We know exactly what
that is. Clearly ash went much more and farther in one direction than the
toher - and in the farther direction it travelled far indeed.

The quote attempts to guess what time of year the eruption occurred at by
explaining the prevailing weather pattern. I don't think one could
guarantee there wasn't a gale at a funny time of year or whatever, but it
basically makes sense to me.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas