b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Thera quote

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Banyai AT t-online.de (Michael Banyai)
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Thera quote
  • Date: 25 Aug 2004 06:18 GMT

Hallo Dora Smith,

you have misunderstood me. In my reconstruction was the exodus at the same
time of the year as reconstructed by the repartition of the Theran ashes
following the prevailing winds in September over the Mediteranean. Due to
many details in the Exodus story one has to redate this event to
July-September too.

My point is that the winds can influence only the repartition of such
volcanic material which was ejected in the lower athmospheric strata. Such
powerfull outbursts sent into the stratosphere, producing also climatic
changes as observed in the tree-rings, are not under the influence of these
wind, which are a topic regarding only the lower atmospheric regions.

It is nothing exceptional to expect from the Theran eruption such a mixed
behaviour, that not all eruptive material is sent high. As said, this is a
matter of ballistics, of how powerfull and under which angle such a shot is
sent.

Best regards,
Bányai Michael
Stuttgart