b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Biblical Historicity ( Amalek)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>, MarianneLuban AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Biblical Historicity ( Amalek)
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:53:01 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org> wrote, inter alia,:

"My opinion would be that there are such people who
believe that the Torah is generally accurate but not necessarily so in
every historical detail. "

Some would define this somewhat differently: by comparing the biblical
narratives to external sources, and from internal evidence in the texts
themselves, the biblical history of Early Israel can be accepted in broad
outline. This is contray to the minimalists' or the fundamentalists' views.
And furthermore, it has nothing whatsoever to do with "divine" innspiration,
guidance or origin.

Uri

http://mail.yahoo.com
>From Banyai AT t-online.de Sun Aug 15 15:06:27 2004

(VgmOA6ZAQeZk9pQboHJ-12wPSJcQutmJOMWIxHkZR5DAfEa7zBqwYX@[217.94.130.231])
by fwd02.sul.t-online.com
with smtp id 1BwQKg-0xn2Js0; Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:06:18 +0200