b-hebrew - Re: Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <bsr15 AT cantsl.it.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:51:39 +1200 (NZST)

Peter asked:-

>But is there anyone who believes in the "Divine Origin" of the Torah but
>does not believe that it is accurate?

A few years ago when Jacob Neuser was a visiting fellow here he claimed to
hold this position. It was given in answer to an accusation that he was a
fundamentalist. His answer was two fold. First he said that the label
fundamentalist was just an excuse on the part of the accuser not to listen
to him. That's an answer I agree with. But secondly he said that if the
Torah were not Divinely inspired then it is simply information probably
half of which is wrong. I wouldn't read too much into the half wrong
statement, but clearly he did not believe it was accurate in the way that
Shoshanna believes.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
E-Mail bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'