b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1450 BCE Exodus ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1450 BCE Exodus ?
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:30:54 +0200

Dear Peter,

While I have not read Rohl and cannot comment directly on his work, I differ
with your basic assumption. The next fixt date, in which a biblical event is
clearly mentioned in a dated source, is the invasion of Israel by
Tiglath-pilesser III in 733. Working back from there, using biblical
evidence only, would NOT get us to 926 for 1 Kings 6:1

Yigal