b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Compound Words in Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Compound Words in Hebrew
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:01:31 -0500

Ben:

Read the passages again, it is “40 day and 40 night”, not “40 day night” so
we are dealing with a different context.

Another contextual clue is that Daniel speaks of the daily sacrafice, verses
11–12, of which there were two given each day, one in the morning and the
second in the evening. Therefore, I read verse 14 as referring to 2300
evening and morning sacrafices missed, or 1150 days.

Karl W. Randolph.