b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Transliteration site?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Transliteration site?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:56:17 -0600

On Monday 28 June 2004 17:47, George F. Somsel wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:00:50 -0700 Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
>
> writes:
> > On 28/06/2004 12:47, Dave Washburn wrote:
> > >I get at least 2 questions a week asking me to "translate" this or
> >
> > that word
> >
> > >or phrase into Hebrew characters, something I don't really have the
> >
> > time to
> >
> > >do (with rare exceptions). Does anybody know of a website I can
> >
> > point people
> >
> > >to, where they can put in an English word or phrase and have it
> >
> > come out in
> >
> > >Hebrew characters? A strange request, I know, but some of the
> >
> > requests I get
> >
> > >along these lines are even stranger...
> > >TIA.
> >
> > If they install one of the Hebrew transliteration keyboards which
> > comes
> > with the fonts SBL Hebrew or Ezra SIL, they can type away as if in
> > English and get (Unicode) Hebrew on their screen, in Word and
> > several
> > other applications (Windows only).
> >
> > --
> > Peter Kirk
> > peter AT qaya.org (personal)
> > peterkirk AT qaya.org (work)
> > http://www.qaya.org/
>
> __________
>
> Very clever, Dave. :-) Get everyone else to do your research. I check
> the Crosswalk site and found that they can search for a word and then
> view that word in the KJV with Strong's numbers. When they click on the
> word (in the OT, of course) they will get, among other things, a
> transliteration of the word.
>
> http://bible1.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/Hebrew/heb.cgi?number=0530&version=k
> jv

George and Peter,
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Oh, and btw, George, it's
not so much a matter of getting everyone else to do my research ;-) as it's a
matter of, if I did every request for such a thing, I'd never have time for
anything else!

Again, many thanks to both of you.

--
Dave Washburn